Some Key Question?
1. 2. How do you education and work history relate to this organization? How do your skills, goals, personality, interests, values match this job description and the organization’s goal? What are your accomplishment and achievement? What are your personal strengths and weaknesses? What are your short term and long term goals? What attracts you to this job? This organization? This field? What kind of job you are looking for? What kind of skills do you have and enjoy using? What are your salary requirements?
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
1. Strengths A. B. C. D.
What What What What are your Advantages? do you do well? relevant resources do you have? do other people see as your strengths?
2. Weakness A. B. C. D. What do you do badly? What could you improve? What should you avoid? Are you Realistic or not?
3. Opportunities A. What are good opportunities you have? B. What are interesting possibilities? C. Do any of strengths open up any opportunities? 1. Change in technology. 2. Change in market, both a broad and narrow scale. 3. Change in government policy related in your field. 4. Change in social patterns, population, profiles, and lifestyle changes. 5. Change in Local Event.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. What obstacles are in your way? What are your competitors doing? Are the required specifications for job, products or services changing? Is changing technology or changing market threatening your position? Do you have bad debt or cash flow problems? Could any f your weaknesses seriously threaten your business?
Commonly ASKED Questions in Interview.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Tell us about your self. In what school /college activities did you take part? Which did you enjoy the most? Do you think the extra curricular activities were worth the time you spent on them? Why? What college subjects you like the most (least)? Why? Did you earn any part of your college expenses? How? How did you spend your college vacation? How often have you been absent from school /work/ training?
8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
What is your opinion of the education and training you received? What have you learnt from your extra curricular activities in school/college? Did you enjoyed the years you spent in college? Which of your college years were the most difficult? Why? How were your relations with your fellowcolleges? Would you choose same organization again? Why? How did you spend your free time while in college? What contribution did you make to NSS or any other social /extra curricular activities in college? What did you learn from it? Why did you choose your particular specialization (professional / career goal)? Why did you choose this particular field of work? How has your education prepare you for a career in this field? How has your college experience prepared you for this job? Have you ever changed your major field of interest while in college? Why did you make the change?
21. Do you think examination grades should be considered by employers? Why? 22. What qualities do you have that might make you successful in this field? 23. Why do you think you would like this particular job? 24. What particular characteristics are necessary for success in this job? 25. What do you know about the opportunities in your field? 26. What are the disadvantages of your chosen field? 27. What are the most important rewards you expect in your career? 28. Why do you think you like to work in our company? 29. What do you know about this company? 30. What do you think determines a person’s progress in a good company?
31. Do you prefer any geographic location? Why? 32. Do you prefer working with others or in a team or alone by your self? 33. What are your career plans? 34. How do you plan to achieve your career goals? 35. What kind of work interests you? 36. What are some things you find difficult to do? 37. How do you work under pressure? Can you describe a situation which you worked under pressure? 38. What causes you to lose temper? 39. Under what condition do you work best? 40. Why did you leave your present job? 41. How did your previous employers treat you? 42. What kind of trouble have you had with people on the job?
43. What have you learned from the jobs you have held? 44. Are you looking for a permanent or a temporary job? 45. Do you like regular hours? Routine work? 46. How would you describe ideal job for you? 47. What criteria do you use to evaluate the company you want to work in? 48. Can you take correction without getting upset? How do you know? 49. What is your father’s occupation? Your mother’s occupation? 50. Which of your parents has had the greater influence on you? 51. What part does family plays in your life? 52. What has been the most painful experience of your life? 53. What two accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction?
54. What do you consider your most proud achievement? 55. And can you describe a situation when it was not so good? 56. What do you consider your worst failure? 57. How long do you expect to work here? 58. What do you really want to do in your life? 59. Define Cooperation? 60. What preparation did you make for this interview? 61. What does the name ___________mean to you?(current affair in blank) 62. What is your major weakness? 63. What do you do to physically fit? 64. How do you spend Sundays and Holidays? 65. Have you had serious illness or injury?
66. Are you willing to go where company sends you? 67. What types of books do you read? 68. What is the last book you read? What about it? Why do you like it or not like it? 69. What type of TV programs does you like the best? 70. Name two or three things most important to you in life? 71. Tell me about your family background? 72. Tell me about your personal life? 73. What type of persons seem to rub you wrong way? 74. What jobs have you enjoyed the most? The least? Why? 75. How do you get on with persons whose background and interest are different from yours?
76. Have you ever taught a student of a lower class? 77. What are special skills/ Abilities? 78. What kind of work interests you? Bores you? 79. Have you got an analytic mind / how do you know? 80. What do you consider the highest form of praise? 81. Do you enjoy the sports as participant? Or as an observer? 82. Would you prefer to work in large company or a large company? Why? 83. What is your idea about the pressure under which industry operates today? 84. What you have done so far which shows your initiative and willingness? 85. How your best friend would describe you? 86. How would an Enemy describe you?
87. What are your salary expectations? 88. What did you earn in your last job? 89. What did you expect to earn in next five years? 90. What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them? 91. What you have learned form your mistakes? 92. Did you ever have problems with your super visor? 93. Why we should hire you?
Question that a candidate can ask:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Will this job involves traveling? Does the company provide any training or other educational opportunities for the staff? What are the avenues for promotion? May I see a copy of a Job description? Why has this job become available?
Why did the person who held this position leave? What qualities are you seeking in a person for this job? What would be the normal working day being like? Can you explain the position and the type of candidate you would like to hire? What do you expect from the successful candidate in first two months? How often performance reviews are are given? Is this a newly created position? Who will the new employee report to? Do you see any major changes within the company that will affect this position? Is it possible to tour the facility? What is the dress code? What is the next step? When will you make the selection? When can I expect to hear from you?