ROBINSON HIGH SCHOOL MEDIA CENTER SCAVENGER HUNT FOR MARCH/APRIL—Women’s History
Directions: Are you up for a challenge? Print out this scavenger hunt, complete it, and send it to Mrs.
Fabian in the Media Center by Friday, April 24th. Look for the special bin on the circulation desk. YOU
CAN ALSO WRITE YOUR ANSWERS ON SCRAP PAPER!
I will announce 1 winner on the Morning Show. There will be a prize!! Good luck!!
Step 1: Go to the Robinson H.S. Media Homepage at: Robinsonknightslibrary.weebly.com (You
can also get to the page by going to the Robinson High School home page at
http://robinsonhs.mysdhc.org/, then click on the bar on the left that says Media Center.) Click on
“Useful Links” and find the “high school virtual library”. There is also an icon that will take you
directly to the high school virtual library on the computers in the media center.
Step 2: Click on the link that says “The Virtual Library.” This is a great place to do research on any topic! Use
the Biography in Context database, and press the Proceed button. If you need a password, it is: hcpsfl (lowercase).
Step 3: Now, answer these questions, using the database to help you. (Hint: Type in the name of the WOMAN in
the search box to get started.) Good luck!
1. What is Sonia Sotomayor’s profession (job)? ____________________________________________
2. What important and famous song did Julia Ward Howe write in 1861, during the Civil War?
3. Margaret Mead was a famous author and anthropologist (which means she studied cultures). In what year was
she born? ___________________________
4. Frida Kahlo was a famous artist from which country? ____________________________________________
5. Jacqueline Onassis was a famous US First Lady. Who was her presidential husband?
Your first and last name: ________________________________________
Your Homeroom Teacher: ________________________________________