• OMS offers NWI3 compatible session management to external
clients. Client service is activated inside client session. Session
has security context that OMS Client Service implementations can
access to get information of the current user (client)
• OMS Service implementations are responsible for checking access
rights for the client to different functionalities and resources by
using a security context token supplied by the current session
• Diagnostics application functionalities are similar to diagnostics handling in MML program
with some enhancements.
• The enhanced functionalities are e.g. automated state handling when starting diagnostics
jobs and timed starting of the diagnostics jobs.
The EM MMI Window application provides a way to use the traditional MMLs in the Element
Manager. With the EM MMI Window you can send MML commands to the network element
you are connected to. Upon opening an MML session via the MMI Window, the system does
not ask you to enter your user ID, providing that the EM user has been mapped to an MMI
The system reads the active sessions
data upon starting of the Active
Sessions dialog; therefore, in order to
later view the current situation, you
must refresh the data using the
• Parameter tool is a GUI were you can modify or edit (add, delete, rename, copy,
or move) entries in the LDAP directory.
• You can also browse configuration information and view entries (or managed
object instances stored in the directory) and their attributes.
PuTTY (Telnet/SSH Client)
• PuTTY is a Telnet and a SSH
client for Win32 and Unix
platforms, along with an xterm
• You can connect to the
OMS/FEWS with PuTTY (or any
NOTE! When you open SSH connection to FEWS or
OMS and you receive following error during logging
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS
That appears, because the target has been reinstalled
with new software and the old identification key isn’t valid
Remove the known_hosts row (which is informed on the
error message) from your home directory.
E.g .Offending key in /home/userid/.ssh/known_hosts:4
Or if that doesn’t help, remove the known_host file.
• The O&M connection between the
BTS and NetAct is built via BTS
• BTS O&M mediation means that the
RNC's mediation function converts
messages between the BTS O&M
interface and network management
interface (NWI3), as well as the
messages between the BTS O&M
and the RNC element management
BTS Iub O&M Mediation Function
BTS O&M Mediation Features (2/2)
BTS Performance Management data transfer
• OMS collects measurement data directly from the WBTS using O&M
BTS Licence Management
• The LM operation (download, upload, delete and status query) uses BTS
O&M mediation to mediate commands between BTS and NetAct.
OMS SW broadcast
• NetAct can update BTS’s SW using one sw download request. OMS
saves the BTS software packages to its own ftp server and BTS
downloads the needed files from there.