14 Easy Ways to Get Insanely Motivated
These simple strategies will keep you energized through the holidays and well into the new year.
It's getting toward the end of the year, so with the holidays in sight, I thought it appropriate to give you
all a little gift: a column that I guarantee will make you more more successful in the coming year.
Here are 1 !uick strategies to get and keep yourself motivated:
1. Condition your mind. Train yourself to think positive thoughts while avoiding negative thoughts.
2. Condition your body. It takes physical energy to take action. "et your food and e#ercise $udget
in place and follow it like a $usiness plan.
3. Avoid negative people. They drain your energy and waste your time, so hanging with them is like
shooting yourself in the foot.
4. Seek out the similarly motivated. Their positive energy will ru$ off on you and you can imitate
their success strategies.
5. Have goals–but remain le!ible. %o plan should $e cast in concrete, lest it $ecome more
important than achieving the goal.
". A#t $ith a higher purpose. &ny activity or action that doesn't serve your higher goal is wasted
effort((and should $e avoided.
%. &ake responsibility or your o$n results. If you $lame )or credit* luck, fate or divine intervention,
you'll always have an e#cuse.
'. Stret#h past your limits on a daily basis. +alking the old, familiar paths is how you grow old.
,tretching makes you grow and evolve.
(. )on*t $ait or pere#tion+ do it no$, -erfectionists are the losers in the game of life. ,trive for
e#cellence rather than the unachieva$le.
1-. Celebrate your ailures. .our most important lessons in life will come from what you don't
achieve. Take time to understand where you fell short.
11. )on.t take su##ess too seriously. ,uccess can $reed tomorrow's failure if you use it as an
e#cuse to $ecome complacent.
12. Avoid $eak goals. "oals are the soul of achievement, so never $egin them with /I'll try .../
&lways start with /I will/ or /I must./
13. &reat ina#tion as the only real ailure. If you don't take action, you fail $y default and can't
even learn from the e#perience.
14. &hink beore you speak. 0eep silent rather than e#press something that doesn't serve your
The a$ove is $ased on a conversation with 1mar -eriu, one of the world's $est )and $est known*