1. Power up the system and load your word processing program.
2. Open a file and enter the following text using an unjustified right-hand margin.
THE FOOD YOU EAT
There is an increasing interest in all aspects of the foods we eat and the effect that
they have on our bodies. One important element has been identified that poses a
danger in our daily life – fast food, lacking vitamins and protein.
Good eating habits help to maintain good health. Poor eating habits - for example,
canteen meals and quick snacks - may lead to health problems such as being
overweight and having high blood pressure, which are well-known risk factors.
You can take steps to prevent damage to your health, you may wish to follow the
clear and simple advice outlined below.
Avoid eating too much fat such as butter, oil, cake, chocolate, potato crisps, eggs,
nuts and cheese. Avoid fried foods.
Eat foods high in fibre such as wholemeal breads and cereals, fresh vegetables and
fruits, peas, beans, pulses and seeds.
Drink plenty of water instead of cordials and soft drinks; drink alcohol in
3. Place your name, centre number and today’s date at the end of the article.
4. Save your file as FOOD.
5. Load the printer and print the document.
6. Reload your file, and set in your right- and left-hand margins by 0.5 cm.
7. Delete the first paragraph beginning There is an increasing ...
8. In the paragraph beginning Good eating habits ...
a delete the words canteen meals and
b insert a comma after the word overweight and then insert the words
high blood fats (cholesterol) before the words and having high blood pressure.
9. In the paragraph beginning You can take steps ... replace the words You can take
steps to prevent damage to with the words In order to safeguard
10. Insert the following paragraph after the paragraph beginning Eat foods high in
Limit your intake of high salt foods such as cured, corned and canned meats,
cheese, salami, and meat pastes. Be careful about the amount of the following
that you consume - smoked and canned fish, vegetable extracts, many
takeaway meals and snack foods.
11. Save your amended file as SCRAN and print one copy.
12. Reload your file and reformat the text in double line spacing, with a justified
13. A table needs to be inserted after the final paragraph.
a) On a separate line below create a table with 2 columns and 6 rows.
b) Enter the data below in the table
McDonald’s Big Mac
KFC Original fillet burger
Burger King Whopper
McDonald’s Fillet o’ fish
¼ Pounder with cheese
Make sure all borders will be displayed for the table on the printout as
Make sure all data in the table is fully displayed.
14. Format the headings Product and Fat Content to be in italics.
Centre only the headings.
The remaining text must be left aligned
15. Save your file and print one copy. Close down the system.
PLEASE RETURN THIS EXERCISE WITH YOUR WORK. Thank you