How to Setup Yahoo! Mail in Outlook 2007
Posted on September 1, 2009 by HMMaster
This guide will teach you on how to setup your Yahoo! Main in Outlook 2007. First you need to enable POP3 in your Yahoo! Mail account. You can follow my guide here on how to enable POP3 in Yahoo! Mail. * Please note that the mails in your web inbox will be deleted once they are downloaded to your Outlook. Please follow the guide here if you want to keep your mails in your web inbox.* 1. First, Go to Tools -> Account Settings.
2. Click on ‘New’.
3. Select ‘Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP’ and click Next.
4. Tick ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and click Next.
5. Select ‘Internet E-mail’.
6. Fill in your account details. Your Name: <Your display name in the email> E-mail Address: <The email address that you are setting up> Account type: <POP3> Incoming mail server: <pop.mail.yahoo.com> Outgoing mail server: <smtp.mail.yahoo.com> User name: <Your Yahoo! Mail address> Passowrd: <Your Yahoo! Mail password> Once you’re done, click the ‘More Settings…’ button.
7. The ‘Internet Email Settings’ windows will pop up. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Change the Incoming server (POP3) to 995. Tick the ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’. Then, change the ‘Outgoing server (SMTP) to 465 and Select ‘SSL’ in the drop down list.
8. Next, go to the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and tick the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option. Select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’. Then click ‘OK’.
9. Click on the ‘Test Account Settings’ button.
You should be seeing the following screen if all the settings are correct:
10. Once you’re done, click ‘Next’. Congratulations! You just finish setting up your Yahoo! Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2007!
If you have large Inbox, it will take some time for Outlook to download all the mails.
How to Enable POP3 in Yahoo! Mail
Posted on June 20, 2009 by HMMaster POP3 is a common protocol that use by desktop email client to retrieve emails from your mail server. Most web-based email service don’t provide access to POP3. But it is changing. Major email provider such as GMail and Hotmail are providing POP3 to their user, except for Yahoo! Mail. POP3 is a premium service that require subscription for Yahoo Mail user. But, for some reason Asia user can use it for free! This option is not enable by default and you need to change some settings to enable POP3 in your Yahoo! Mail. Follow the guide below to enable POP3 access for your account: *An updated guide is now available here!* * Click on the image for larger screen shot. Step 1: Login into your web Yahoo! Mail. Click on your Display Name and select ‘Edit My Account‘
S tep 2: You will see your account settings page. In the Member Information section, check the current settings for Preferred Content. If it is Yahoo! Asia, please skip to step 7. Else, click ‘Edit‘ on the Member Information section here.
S tep 3: In the Member Details page, click on the current Preferred Content option. (ie: Yahoo! US)
S tep 4: Change your current preferred content settings to Yahoo! Asia and click ‘Finished‘.
S tep 5: Go through the TOS and click ‘I Accept‘. (If you decline the TOS, you cannot proceed further)
S tep 6: Your preferred should be ‘Yahoo! Asia‘ now. Click the ‘Finished‘ button on the top right to save the settings.
S tep 7: In your main mail box page, click on Options and select Mail Options.
S tep 8: Click on POP & Forwarding. Click the ‘Set up or edit ‘POP & Forwarding‘ link.
S tep 9: Select the Web & POP Access options. Change the other settings if necessary. Click Save. And you are done! The settings for the POP3 and SMTP: Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995) Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication) Account Name/Username: <Your Yahoo! Mail address> Email address: <Your Yahoo! Mail address> Password: <Your Yahoo! Mail password> I will post a guide later on how to setup Yahoo! Mail in your Outlook 2007.