a) Round 1 is of 30 Minutes. Participants are required to answer all the questions and fill the
answers in the form provided.
b) It is mandatory to attempt every question. No negative marking.
c) The questions in italics, where the identification of X|Y| Z is required, are the star questions. In
case of a tie, the team which will answer more of those questions correctly will be given bonus
d) Each question carries a different weightage. The decision of the organizers will be final and
binding on all the participants.
BEST OF LUCK
1) X was an executive of a company which was acquired by IGN (Imagine Games Network). Later he
formed video content provider website with two new members. This site’s YouTube channel has
more than 5.2 Million subscribers. Identify this video content provider website.
2) X is a cross-platform instant messaging for smartphones. As of September 2014, X has over 35
million users globally and is among top 6 apps on Android, iOS and Windows Store in India and
was developed by Atul Singh, Lucknow. X was launched globally on 12th December 2012 by Y in
India. Y is a joint venture of one of India’s leading business groups and a Japanese
telecommunications and Internet corporation. Indentify X and Y.
3) Identify the logo :-
4) Identify the odd one out?
5) Who created the popular Hadoop software framework for storage and processing of large
A. Doug Cutting
B. Richard Stallman
C. Alan Cox
D. Martha Lane Fox
6) What is the name of Microsoft’s Internal Big Data platform?
A. Dyanamic AX
7) X was an officer of the Indian Administrative Service with more than 37 years of experience, and
the former Managing Director of Maruti Udyog Limited. After hanging up his boots at Maruti
Suzuki, he has turned an entrepreneur. On 30 Sep 2008, X announced his next venture Y, with a
vision of developing a multi-brand automobile sales and service network. Identify X, Y.
8) The classic "3V" model for describing Big Data includes high volume, high velocity and…
A. High Vacuity
B. High Variety
C. High Vapidity
D. High Velociraptor
9) The MapReduce programming model widely used in analytics was developed at:
A. Apache Foundation
C. Microsoft Research
D. Frost & Sullivan
10) He is an English computer engineer. He also got A.M. Turing award. Identify him?
11) X is an American global management consulting firm headquartered in the U.S. X advises clients
in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors around the world, including more than two-thirds
of the Fortune 500. X has developed key concepts like Growth-share matrix, Experience curve,
Advantage matrix in the field of management. Identify X.
12) Identify the person, her designation and also the organization with which she is associated?
13) The huge numbers of devices connected to the Internet of things have to communicate
automatically, not via humans. What is this called?
A. Machine to machine (M2M)
B. Bot to Bot (B2B)
D. Peer to Peer (P2P)
14) X is an online marketplace, headquartered in New Delhi, India. X was started in February 2010 as
a daily deals platform inspired by Y but expanded in September 2011 to become an e-commerce
company via a marketplace model after watching Z’s success in the local market. With 20 million
registered users, X is one of the first and largest online maketplaces in India offering an
assortment of 4 million+ products across diverse categories from over 20,000 sellers, shipping to
4,000 towns and cities in India. Identify X, Y, Z.
15) X is a core banking software package developed by Indian technology corporation Infosys in the
year 1999. Written in Java/C++, X has Several major customers which include Nadra Bank
of Ukraine, ICICI Bank of India and Al Hilal Bank of the United Arab Emirates. In 2011, X was set
to enter the United States market via a deal with Union Bank N.A. of California, reported at a
value ofUS$20 million. The deal was however called off by the bank in the same year. Identify X.
16) Identify the organization whose founders are :-
C. Make My Trip
17) The first TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships will take place in the US in which
18) This is a blue print of?
19) One oldest computer has been conjured. At which of the following places it has been kept?
A. National Museum of Computing
B. Computer History Museum
C. National Science and Technology Museum
D. The Tech Museum of Innovation
20) X is a provider of business and technology research, data analytics and investment research
services to companies worldwide. X was started by Alok Aggarwal and Marc Vollenweider (ex-
Partner at McKinsey) in Dec, 2000. In 2003, X coined the term KPO (Knowledge Process
Outsourcing). In August 2014, X announced the acquisition of the German business intelligence
provider Beyond Data. Identify X.
21) Identify the logo.
22) What is the correct definition of an outlier in data analysis?
A. Outlier is an observation that is numerically distant from rest of the data.
B. Outlier is an observation that is numerically higher from rest of the data.
C. Outlier is an observation that is numerically lower from rest of the data.
D. Outlier is an observation that is numerically outside from rest of the data.
23) Which company employed Steve Jobs in 1972?
D. Homebrew Computer Club
24) What is common between following Actors?
1. Robert Lowrey
2. Adam West
3. Val Kilmer
25) Which of the following is not a analytics platform?
B. Angoss KnowledgeREADER
Note: Update your answers in the Google Doc provided in the link below. Also, the results will be
announced tomorrow i.e. 6
October 2014. The case study will be uploaded tomorrow itself. Other
details will be provided later.