MGT 401 Entire Course All Assignments , DQs and Quizzes
MGT 401 Entire Course All Assignments , DQs and Quizzes
(Hazardous Materials Management ) Ashford
Click Link Below To Buy:
Or Visit www.hwcampus.com
MGT 401 Week 1 DQ 1 The Environment
The Environment. Why is it deemed necessary to protect the environment? What does it mean to society? To business? To the individual? To future populations? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 1 DQ 2 Risk Control
Risk Control. What are the primary elements of each of the three types of risk control? Assume you are in a hazard hunt; list a few factors in your job that may contribute to a hazard and how likely is it that a hazardous situation will occur? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings
MGT 401 Week 1 Quiz
1. Question : Hazardous materials can be released intentionally in criminal acts or acts of terrorism.
2. Question : The fourth level of emergency response personnel in the HAZWOPER regulation whose training may also include the handling of specific materials and interaction with outside agencies is the ____.
3. Question : The law that began the process of regulating the handling of hazardous waste and defines what is a hazardous waste and outlines the programs that must be followed to properly handle, store, and dispose of these materials is the ____.
4. Question : The agency in the federal system that is used to conduct research and make recommendations for the development of regulations to protect the nation’s workers is ____.
5. Question : The fifth level of emergency responder under the HAZWOPER regulation and the individual who directs the activities of all emergency response personnel at the scene is the ____.
6. Question : An early law that authorized the collection of taxes to pay for the cleanup of abandoned hazardous waste sites is the ____.
7. Question : An employee who works at a cleanup site regulated by the HAZWOPER regulation and whose work exposes or potentially exposes him to high levels of hazardous substances are known as a(n) ____ Worker.
8. Question : Regulated sites where hazardous wastes are taken for final disposal or treatment are known as ____ facilities.
9. Question : A plan that is developed in advance of an emergency situation that identifies the actions to be taken by all employees at the site in the event of an emergency is known as the ____ Plan.
10. Question : Those cleanup workers at a HAZWOPER regulated site whose exposure to hazardous materials is below the established PEL for the material are known as ____ Workers.
MGT 401 Week 2 DQ 1 Hazard Classes
Hazard Classes. List the nine major hazard classes as outlined by the U.S Department of Transportation (D.O.T.). Research a news article that covers one of the nine major hazard classes. Identify the hazard and explain how the hazard created the dangerous situation. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 2 DQ 2 Scenario
Scenario. Isopropyl alcohol (I.P.A.) has a flash point of 53 degrees Fahrenheit. The outside temperature is 68 degrees Fahrenheit. While this product is being unloaded from a truck, several cases fall to the floor and the product spills. Several large pieces of machinery and a welding operation are running nearby. Is there a potential danger from fire in this scenario? Justify your response. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 2 Quiz
1. Question : Non-health effects that hazardous materials can produce including fire or explosion are known as ____ effects.
2. Question : The pressure created over and above the normal or ambient pressure is known as ____.
3. Question : The ability of a material to pass from a solid state to a gaseous state without becoming a liquid is known as ____.
4. Question : Actions that are required to be taken to prevent the potential for infection are known as ____ precautions.
5. Question : A material that contains loosely held hydrogen ions is known as a(n) ____.
6. Question : ____ is when you store materials apart so that they cannot react with one another.
7. Question : A standard shipping document required by the EPA for shipments of hazardous wastes is known as the ____.
8. Question : The ____ section of the ERG provides the specific response information for each group of materials and is referenced by the other colored sections.
9. Question : The colors used in the NFPA system indicate three key hazards: ____.
10. Question : A process of placing smaller containers such as glass jars inside an open-head drum for proper shipment or disposal is known as ____.
MGT 401 Week 3 DQ 1 Respiratory Hazards
Respiratory Hazards. Choose two of the five Respiratory Hazards. Provide a brief explanation of each hazard and describe a situation in which you may encounter them. What effects would each of these hazards have on your body? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 3 DQ 2 Supplied-Air Respirator (S.A.R.) vs. Air-Purifying Respirator (A.P.R)
Supplied-Air Respirator (S.A.R.) vs. Air-Purifying Respirator (A.P.R.). What are the advantages and disadvantages of the S.A.R. versus the A.P.R.? What questions should you ask prior to selecting a respirator? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 3 Respiratory Protection Selection
Respiratory Protection Selection. Complete the activity on page 250 and determine the proper response to the needs for personal protective equipment and how to protect workers in confined spaces
MGT 401 Week 4 DQ 1 Confined Spaces
Confined Spaces. What are the most common causes of death in confined spaces? Which group of employees is most likely to succumb and why? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 4 DQ 2 Air Monitoring
Air Monitoring. Identify the reasons for performing air monitoring. What reporting is necessary? What factors should you take into account when conducting air monitoring in an outside area? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 4 Quiz
1. Question : An area large enough to enter, not designed for occupancy, and hard to get in or out of is known as a ____ space.
2. Question : The process by which gases and vapors settle into layers within an area based on their weight is known as ____.
3. Question : Dust that obscures visibility to less than ____ ft must be considered ignitable.
4. Question : The person positioned outside a confined space who monitors the conditions in and outside the space to ensure the safety of the entrant is known as the ____.
5. Question : An operation in which entrants leave a confined space on their own power when an emergency occurs is known as ____.
6. Question : An explosion caused when air is suddenly introduced into a confined area that contains high levels of heat and combustible gases is known as a(n) ____ explosion.
7. Question : A ____ can collect small samples from inside a drum without damaging or affecting the material.
8. Question : Changes in temperature can increase vapor production known as ____ and possibly lower vapor density, which would keep gases near the ground instead of allowing them to dissipate into the atmosphere.
9. Question : An operation in which the attendant uses the retrieval equipment worn by entrants to pull them out of a confined space is known as ____.
10. Question : The most significant weather event that may alter a contamination situation is ____.
MGT 401 Week 4 Risk Assessment Plan
Risk Assessment Plan. (See pages 59 to 64 in the text). Using the template on page 61, carry out a risk assessment on at least three tasks you perform at work or in your home that relate to hazardous materials management. This might include cleaning tasks, fueling a vehicle, or chores at home such as painting, changing your car’s oil, and storing materials. When creating your assessment scenario, try to include a combination of material and/or confined-space or personal safety-equipment issues. You will reference these three job hazards when writing your “Final Paper.”
MGT 401 Week 5 DQ 1 Incident Response System
Incident Response System. Why is it necessary for a business to have an Incident Response System in place? Does your place of employment have one? Explain in detail. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 401 Week 5 DQ 2 Regulations Procedures
Regulations/Procedures. Discuss the aftermath of a recent disaster. Describe at least three regulations or procedures and explain how they were applied/or not applied to prevent workers’ exposure to hazardous materials and other harmful conditions
MGT 401 Week 5 Final Paper
Develop an Incident Action Plan (See page 22 of your textbook) based on the three job hazards identified in your Week Four “Risk Assessment Plan.” Reference the Sample Command Procedures for Emergency Response Operations, beginning on the bottom of page 412 in your textbook. Use this guideline to create an Incident Action Plan for your place of employment (or home). Tailor the Incident Action Plan to address your unique situation. In addition, address the seven common mistakes made by incident commanders on page 416.