Payroll

Published on June 2016 | Categories: Documents | Downloads: 52 | Comments: 0 | Views: 578
of 6
Download PDF   Embed   Report

Comments

Content

Payroll

-

Module

Overview

The payroll module offers following functionality to users

y

Definition of a multi-location setup for employees with facility of location-wise selective payroll processing and reporting. System allows definition of specific ¶periods of salary· for processing and other time-office related information as shifts, holidays,¶Off·, and leave structure of employees.

y

Definition of employee departments, categories, grades, designations, salary structure, and method of calculation. Salary structure covers for heads of earning, deduction, and cost to company (CTC). Also definition of ¶Employee Master· holding personnel and payroll related information of all employees.

y y y y

Specification of perks, benefits, and reimbursements that are paid against voucher with facility to impose ¶Limits· and reporting of ¶Balance·.

Time office ² in and out entry that also can have swap card interface. In case of swap card, data can

be directly picked up to Oracle database.

Generation of shift schedule considering weekly rotational duties and variable weekly off.

Facility for on line application for leave, leave accounting, recording of outstation duties and temporary duties on ¶Gate Pass·. There can be adjustments and corrections in the date related to leave, time, and overtime.

y

Calculation of salary and wages. The calculation can be made for a specific category or a specific location and facility of salary transfer to bank of employee. System facilitates storing of salary history and reporting on that.

y

Accounting of loans and advances and deductions against them. The loans may be by company it self or availed from financial institutions. There is a seamless integration with finance module for loan and advance deduction.

y

Calculation of arrears, bonus, gratuity, annual payments, retirement, termination etc. The arrears are also calculated for leaves sanctioned at a later date.Calculation and reporting related to provident fund, insurance, and taxes. The process covers for PF, FPF, ESIC, PT, IT and also generates all thestandard formats as prescribed by respective departments for easy submission. The income-taxrelated procedure covers calculation of provisional and final income-tax liability, recording of investments, deduction of TDS, ¶Scheduling· of 'Deduction·, and generations of reports for filing of IT returns ² also including printing of FORM 16 for employees.

y

Generation of monthly salary JV, bank vouchers, and loan payment vouchers. Calculation of cost to company (CTC), and estimati on of payroll budgets Generation and printing of standard letters to employees.This covers letters like appointment, joining, confirmation and soon.

Payroll - Flow Diagram

Social Security
by Amitesh ² last modified Mar 25, 2011 11:08 AM The Zimbabwe government has set up a compulsory national social security pension scheme which is provided for by the National Social Security Authority (NSSA). NSSA is a body corporate, which was established by an Act of Parliament in 1989 to administer social security schemes in Zimbabwe. Read more on Mywage Zimbabwe.

Take the Salary Survey and Win a Wage!

The Zimbabwe government has set up a compulsory national social security pension scheme which is provided for by the National Social Security Authority (NSSA). NSSA is a body corporate, which was established by an Act of Parliament in 1989 to administer social security schemes in the country. The government introduced the compulsory pension scheme with the aim to protect workers and their families. It is compulsory that all employees contribute to the scheme, regardless of whether an employee is covered by a private pension scheme or not. Operations by NSSA started in October 1994 with two schemes: the National Pension Scheme (NPS) and the Workers Compensation Insurance Fund (WCIF) also known as The Accident Prevention Scheme. These two schemes cover members in formal employment and are therefore referred to as occupational schemes. The National Pension Scheme (NPS) This is based on a 50/50 contribution from the employers and employees. Workers are entitled to a number of benefits after contributions for a minimum set period and after meeting the qualifications of each of the benefits. This scheme is important as it provides some form of security during retirement, invalidity or death of a breadwinner who was a member of the scheme. It is a compulsory requirement that every working Zimbabwean above the age of 16 years and below the age of 65 who is in a permanent, seasonal, contract or temporary employment joins this scheme and contribute towards it. However. domestic workers and the informal sector are not included. Contribution rate In a statement NSSA said as of May 1 2010 the new contribution rate by both the employer and employee will be 3% making a total of 6%.

Examples: i) Maximum Insurable Earnings Salary for highest earner USD200 per month Employee Contribution: 3% of USD200 USD 6 Employer Contribution: 3% of USD200 USD 6 Total Contribution: 6% of USD200 USD 12

ii) For earnings below USD200 per month apply 3% on actual salary. Employee¶s actual salary e.g Employee¶s Contribution: 3% of USD15 Employer¶s Contribution: 3% of USD150 Total Contribution: 6% of 150 USD150 per month USD 4,50 USD 4,50 USD 9

Accident Prevention and Workers¶ Compensation Scheme This requires all employers except government, domestic workers and informal sector employers to contribute to the scheme. Employers supply the funding - employees do not contribute anything. The aim of the scheme is to provide assistance to employees and their families when workers are injured or killed in a work related accident, or suffers from a work related disease, or dies as a result of this disease. It also entails promoting awareness and health safety at all work places and encouraging the implementation of heath and safety regulations at work places by inspecting factory and machinery inspection. It also provides rehabilitation services to disabled employees to reduce their disablement and enable them to return to their former employment, or otherwise prepare them for a useful and meaningful place in society. If a worker is injured in a work related accident the employer is required to:
y

Immediately provide first aid before promptly transferring him/her to the nearest medical centre Report the accident to the nearest NSSA Office after filling in the relevant details on form WCIF No. 14, which he/she should keep at his/her work premises at all times

y

y

In cases of serious/fatal accidents the employer should contact the nearest NSSA Office and the police within 24 hours.

All accidents must be reported within 14 days irrespective of whether the employee has completed treatment or not. Benefits Short Term Benefits:
y

Periodical Payments in Respect of Loss of Earning

Periodical payments are meant to:
y

Provide compensatory income where this has been lost or stopped by work related accidents Guarantee continual payment of normal monthly wages for the first 30 days following an accident, and a percentage thereof thereafter. Funeral Grant

y

y

In the unfortunate event of a member losing his/her life as a result of a work related accident, the scheme currently pays out a maximum of $US200 towards funeral expenses.
y

Lump Sum

If an employee's injury results in permanent disablement, compensation will be paid to him/her as a lump sum if the disability is less than 30%. A children's allowance for children up to the age of 19 years is included. Long Term Benefits
y

Employees¶ Pension

In instances where an employee's injury results in 30% or more, permanent disability, compensation will be paid to the employee as a pension. A children's allowance is included in employee's pension, for children up to the age of 19 years and /or those who are below 25 years, provided they are in full time education. The benefit may also be given to permanently disabled dependent children who are incapable of supporting themselves regardless of their age

Sponsor Documents

Or use your account on DocShare.tips

Hide

Forgot your password?

Or register your new account on DocShare.tips

Hide

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Back to log-in

Close