Sql-server-2 Test Breakdown:
1. _____________ can be used to connect to as many databases on as many servers You answered: SQL Manager Incorrect Correct answer: Enterprise Manager 2. Which of the following databases are created on installing SQL server? You answered: pub Incorrect Correct answer: Both a and b above 3. The ______________ database is a system database which is used as a template whenever a new database is created. You answered: tempdb Incorrect Correct answer: model 4. The SQL Query Analyzer is the main interface for running SQL queries against your database Correct 5. Which of the below is the correct syntax for a VIEW? You answered: Both b and d below Incorrect Correct answer: CREATE VIEW ViewName AS SELECT ... 6. Which of the following commands below are used to run a stored procedure? You answered: EXECUTE MyStoredProcedure Incorrect Correct answer: Both a and b above 7. What of the following can setupadmin do? You answered: All of above Incorrect Correct answer: Can manage linked servers and startup procedures. 8. ____________ is a set of graphical tools that allows you to transfer data between disparate sources into one or more destinations. You answered: Data transform Services Incorrect Correct answer: Data Transformation Services 9. DTS Run utility is used for You answered: both a and b above Incorrect Correct answer: schedule and run a DTS package.
10. The SQL Server Agent is a service that lets you configure scheduled tasks and system alerts Correct 11. A database schema is a way to logically group objects such as tables,rows, views, stored procedures etc. You answered: True Incorrect Correct answer: False 12. The _____________ option allows you to connect to another instance of SQL Server running on a different machine You answered: Link servers Incorrect Correct answer: Linked Servers 13. Which of the following below are capabilities of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)? You answered: integrate smoothly with other applications and data sources. Incorrect Correct answer: ALL 14. Which of the follwing statements is/are not true for SQL profiler? You answered: ALL Incorrect Correct answer: check the performance of a stored procedure 15. ______________ Allows you to provide the full path to a template. You answered: Trace file path Incorrect Correct answer: Trace file name 16. Which of the following below are Compound Operators in sql server 2008 You answered: %= Incorrect Correct answer: all of above 17. SQL Server 2008 supports two types of compression. Which of the following below are they? You answered: Row level and column level Incorrect Correct answer: Row level and page level 18. A filtered index is an optimized non-clustered index Correct 19. ___________ enables the DBA for managing the work load of SQL Server and critical system resource consumption You answered: SQL profiler
Incorrect Correct answer: Resource Governor 20. Which of the following statements is/are false for Plan freezing? You answered: Both a and b above Incorrect Correct answer: helps to monitor schemas 21. Which of the following statements is/are true for Plan freezing? Correct 22. Which are the two Windows PowerShell snap-ins provided by SQL Server provides? You answered: SQL profile manager and Set of cmdlets Incorrect Correct answer: SQL Server provider and Set of cmdlets 23. Declarative Management Framework is a system for managing the ___________ of SQL Server 2008 You answered: schemas Incorrect Correct answer: instances 24. Hot Add CPU feature allows a database for scaling on demand for extending memory resources added online. Correct 25. Which statement is correct from partitioned view? Correct 26. Which of the following connection type supports application role permissions and password encryption? Correct 27. Which of the following DBCC command is used to see when was the last time the index rebuild? You answered: DBCC DBREINDEX Incorrect Correct answer: DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS 28. Default is a type of constraint although it does not really enforce anything Correct
2. 3. Sql-server Test Result
5. 4. Marks: 20 of 40 Your competency: 50% 6. Time spent: 17:54
7. Sql-server Test Breakdown:
8. 1. Which of the following statements is/are false for Extended events in sql server 2008?
You answered: Both b and c below Incorrect Correct answer: An architecture that is not very scalable, highly configurable 2. Permanent setting of specific server characteristics is done by trace tags You answered: True Incorrect Correct answer: False 3. Which of the following rules below are true to use the ROWGUIDCOL property to define a globally unique identifier column?
A table can have only one ROWGUIDCOL column NEWID function to generate a globally unique value.
4. The identifers in SQL can have a character range from? 1 to 128 5. Embedded spaces or special characters are not allowed in SQL server identifiers TRUE 6. ______________ helps to restore the database to the point where it failed. TRANSACTION LOG 7. Which of the following statements is/are false for Declarative Management Framework (DMF) in sql server 2008? 1.SQL Server does not enforce to define the policies by using Management Studio 2. A policy can be designed for allowing the usage of unauthorized applications 8. Dynamic Page Repair is a type of database mirroring. You answered: True Incorrect Correct answer: False 9. CPUs can dynamically be added to a running system, by using ____________ feature You answered: Passive add CPU Incorrect Correct answer: Hot Add CPU
10. Remote BLOB storageis a ____________ API which reduces the application building complexity CLIENT SERVER 11. A column with an optimized storage for null values is known as __________ column SPARE 12. _______________ is a feature that is used for tracking the changes on a table You answered: Change schema Capture Incorrect Correct answer: Change Data Capture 13. What is the purpose of MERGE in sql server 2008? You answered: Merge statement allows multiple statements for INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE a row that depends on a condition Incorrect Correct answer: Merge statement allows a single statement for INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE a row that depends on a condition 14. Which of the following statements is/are true for SQL server? BOTH A AND C 15. SQL Server 2000 always returns the result of a FOR XML query directly to the client in XML form You answered: True Incorrect Correct answer: False 16. Which of the following is/are false for RAW mode of FOR XML? 1. XML SCHEMA OPTIONS DOES NOT RETURNS AN IN LINE XSD SCHEMA 2. BINARY BASE 32 RETURNS THE BINARY DATA IN BASE 32- ENCODED FORMAT. 17. Which of the following statement is used to make sql server resize the database file to its smallest possible size? DBCC SHRINK FILE 18. Difference between UNION and UNION ALL. You answered: Both are similar Incorrect Correct answer: UNION returns only unique records from both tables. UNION ALL returns all records from both tables 19. Which statement is correct from partitioned view? You answered: We can create an indexed view on a partitioned view as long as the index is clustered Incorrect Correct answer: We can create an indexed view on a partitioned view 20. Which utilities can we used to export data from sql server to a text file? You answered: b. BCP
Incorrect Correct answer: a and b 21. How inserting data through stored procedure do reduces network traffic and increase database performance? You answered: Permission check is not required Incorrect Correct answer: The execution plan is stored in the cache after it was executed the first time. 22. Which statement is used to define a cursor? You answered: FETCH Incorrect Correct answer: DECLARE CURSOR 23. Cursor that reflects the changes made to the database table even after the result set is returned DYNAMIC 24. Capabilities of RAISERROR You answered: b. It can print a message to the application Incorrect Correct answer: a,b and c 25. Which global variables can be used to determine if a transaction is still open? You answered: @@FETCH_STATUS Incorrect Correct answer: @@TRANCOUNT 26. Which of the following connection type supports application role permissions and password encryption? You answered: ODBC Incorrect Correct answer: OLE DB and ODBC 27. By default sql server has ___________ isolation level You answered: SERIALIZABLE Incorrect Correct answer: READ COMMITTED 28. Problems occurs if we don’t implement proper locking strategy Correct 29. What is the default "SORT" order for a SQL? ASCENDING 30. Which of the following is not correct for DELETE and TRUNCATE? TRUNCATE TABLE CAN HAVE CRITERIA
31. Choose the incorrect option about the sql server index You answered: Two types of indexes - clustered indexes and non-clustered indexes Incorrect Correct answer: More than one clustered index on a table 32. By default "FILLFACTOR" value is ZERO 33. Which of the following DBCC command is used to see when was the last time the index rebuild? DBCC SHOWSTATICS 34. Can a clustered index also be a unique index? YES 35. Is a composite index key always part of a covering index? You answered: Yes Incorrect Correct answer: No 36. Which type of integrity preserves the defined relationship between tables when records are entered or deleted? You answered: Domain integrity Incorrect Correct answer: Referential integrity 37. How many Primary key constraints can be included in a table definition? ONE 38. Which statement is used to delete all rows in a table without having the action logged? TRUNCATE TABLE STATEMENT 39. Tools for importing and exporting data in sql server You answered: bcp command utility Incorrect Correct answer: ALL of the above 40. Default is a type of constraint although it does not really enforce anything YES