The IT Service Broker
Meet the needs
“If you’re not planning or
have not implemented
self-service, start now.”
The IT service broker
Get on the path to consumer-inspired IT service delivery
with an HP IT service catalog, portal, and service exchange
It’s time to rethink IT service delivery. Here’s why.
New technologies are racing ahead of IT processes.
How can IT
Expectations for IT are rising.
Get there today with HP Propel.
of information workers are
satisﬁed with their technology
of their needs.
of CEOs expect more strategic
value from IT. They want to
see top-line growth and
“The highest level of service catalog is the service broker model,
or strategic control point. Highly automated, the catalog balances
supply and demand, and tools span cloud and noncloud resources.”
© Copyright 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
4AA5-4191ENW, August 2014
Get on the path to a New Style of IT
Learn more at hp.com/go/propel
Shadow IT is creeping across the enterprise.
of procurement for cloud
services is “rogue” spending.
of line-of-business departments
use non-approved applications.
of employees use non-approved
“There has been a serious increase
in ‘shadow IT’—or IT budget
outside the enterprise IT budget.”
HP Propel Service
Portal and Catalog
HP Propel Service
Create a user-friendly front
door to IT. Provide a single,
self-service IT marketplace.
Portal Service Catalog Knowledge Base IT News
Managed Mobility Services (MMS)
PC Repair (Break/Fix)
PC Refresh / Trade-Up
Public Distribution Lists (PDL)
PC Voice and Collaboration
PC Voice Services
Enable seamless integration
of multiple suppliers.
HP Propel provides an IT service catalog, management portal, and service exchange
that transforms IT into a service broker.
1. Forrester Research, “Create A Habitat Of Technology Engagement And Enablement For Your Workforce,” May 10, 2013.
2. Computerworld, “10 intriguing real-world uses for big data,” April 5, 2013.
3. Gartner, “Gartner Says Cloud Computing Will Become the Bulk of New IT Spend by 2016,” Gartner news release, October 24, 2013.
4. Gartner, “Outsourcing 2014: Capitalizing on Key Market Trends Will Drive Enterprise Agility, Speed and Innovation,” by Ian Marriott. Feb. 21, 2014.
5. Frost & Sullivan, “The New IT: Managing and Delivering Services in a Multi-Vendor Environment,” 2013.
6. Frost & Sullivan 2013 Cloud User Survey.
7. IDC, “Worldwide Outsourcing Services 2014 Top 10 Predictions,” January 2014.
8. Gartner, “Create I&O’s Future by Embracing the Nexus of Forces,” August 8, 2013.
9. Forrester Research, “Building Digital Workspace Delivery Systems to Give Employees The Right Tools for their Job,” April 17 2014, by David K. Johnson.
10. Gartner, “Sourcing Governance Prevents Corporate Risk When the Business Bypasses IT,” by Frank Ridder, Feb. 11, 2014.
11. Forrester Research, “Inquiry Spotlight: The Foundation And Future Of Service Catalog, 2013 And Beyond,” May 14, 2014.
12. Forrester Research, “Inquiry Spotlight: The Foundation And Future Of Service Catalog, 2013 And Beyond,” May 14, 2014.
13. Forrester Research, “Inquiry Spotlight: The Foundation And Future Of Service Catalog, 2013 And Beyond,” May 14, 2014.
The amount of data
is doubling every
By 2016, cloud
account for the bulk
of new IT spending.
(bring your own device)
29% of workers use
3 or more devices.
Workers use many apps
of their own choosing.
By 2017, 75% of
will include software
as a service.
The status quo has hit a wall.
To regain control and build inﬂuence, IT must become a true service broker.